Friday, April 27, 2012

After having his son, my cousin Jeremiah told me how he finally understood what was so great about kids.  Until getting to watch his son then his daughter grow up from babies to toddlers to little kids, he never understood, "what all the hype was about".  It sounds absurd, but I couldn't agree more.  I knew I would one day like being a Dad and it would be great watching my kids grow, but the sheer joy and happiness they have brought into our lives is remarkable.  In mathematical terms, I'd say witbout hesitation, that the increase in smiles, giggles and sighs of joy have increased exponentially every day since their birth.  Even among the crying you can't seem to cure and the poops you never think you'll be able to clean that happen while dressed in a suit and tie.  

After so much worry, concern and heart-ache leading up to their birth, each day has easily been twice as good the one before.  The excitement of watching Ethan palm a ball for the first time was without comparison!  To see Ruthie's personality emerging as she tries to stand, balance herself, and fight to walk with fierce determination has been absolutely amazing to witness.  In our few hours of free time each night, like addicts waiting for their next fix, we scroll through pics and videos of the kids.  I think the sole reason facebook is offering their IPO is to fund the amount of memory upgrades they regularly need to hold all of Elissa's nightly picture and video uploads.

If the first ten months have been this great, I can't wait 'till they really start exploring their world around them with mud pies, skinned knees & tree climbing!  Bring it on, it only seems to keep getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment